Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production

  • Dee Harris
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
      This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my request in as well?
      Wolf

      Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:

      Thanks Marsha,
      Brian

      --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

      > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
      > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
      >
      > ---Marcia Cash
      > Traveler in Thyme
      > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

      test'; ">

    • Dee Harris
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
        Richard, I back up Liz on this one. Enlarged legs and feet are a sign of edema and can be deadly. Plus you need a good masseuse. It will help bring down the swelling if done right. I know. I've done it before on patients who have had the same problem.
        Wolf

        Liz <liz7@...> wrote:
        Dear Richard
        I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

        Good luck with it.
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
          me too, as ishould be returning tomy little home in the yungas of south
          eastern bolivia, i think i would like my name added to the lists.
          gracias!!!

          inquisivi

          >From: Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...>
          >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production
          >Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my
          >request in as well?
          > Wolf
          >
          >Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:
          >
          >Thanks Marsha,
          >Brian
          >
          >--- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm
          >in
          > > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
          > >
          > > ---Marcia Cash
          > > Traveler in Thyme
          > > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

          >test'; ">

          Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
          http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
        • ingrid glass
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
            I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
            shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
            contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
            absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
            The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
            and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
            minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
            sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

            Ingrid

            From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@...>
            To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:38:50 -0500

            To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
            about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple
            juice.

            I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a
            google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

            Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

            Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

            I don't know anything about blood clots.

            Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
            www.bettertimesinfo.org