Re: [pfaf] Reichardia picroides - Common Eyebright

  • Frank Schuurmans
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2007
      Reichardia picroides looks a bit like a Dandelion but
      the taste is much milder, it is an excellent salad plant,
      but it very much wants to flower, and the flower stalks
      tend to slow picking the leaves. Slugs don't seem to like it.
      At the moment I'm in Portugal (it's native here),
      and growing some from seeds I took from The Field.
      In Portugal it grows very well in winter and I get
      lots of big leaves (about twice the size compared to
      the ones at The Field). I probably can get you some seeds,
      but I expect you to pay the shipping costs.

      Cheers,
      Frank

      On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 17:55 +0000, fredericah_uk wrote:
      > Would anyone know where I can obtain seeds of this plant used for
      > winter salads? Reichardia picroides grows in Cornwall and in Italy
      > where it is called Grattalingua PFAF used to distribute the seed,
      > but don't now!
    • jonathantellerelsberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13 6:46 AM
        For those in the US and Canada, Mapple Farm (yes, Mapple with two Ps) lists it in their catalog: http://www.mapplefarm.com/Mapple_Farm_12/____Mapple_Farm_Online___._Outside_Canada_files/4-2012MappleFarmBrochure-Seed.pdf