Permaculture Design Course in NIcaragua

  • hannahmaiar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      Project Bona Fide is a 43-acre permaculture site which has been in
      development for nearly a decade, and has become an important center
      for education and community development. Infrastructural systems
      contain: natural buildings built with local materials, terraced &
      medicinal plant gardens, an extensive nursery, seed bank, developing
      fruit and nut orchards, food forests, native timber forestry, timber
      bamboo plantings, water-catchment, drip irrigation and ferrocement
      technologies, renewable energy systems, and composting toilets.
      Outreach efforts include social programs that provide educational
      opportunities based in ecological agriculture, community
      reforestation efforts that are supported by our seed bank and
      nursery, local seed and plant exchanges, a children's nutritional
      kitchen and an upcoming community center. The developing site,
      interwoven with the support we've received from our local community,
      allows Bona Fide to be fertile ground for cultural exchange on the
      island and beyond.
      To learn more about this, visit www.projectbonafide.com

      Permaculture Design course price: $1,250 USD (does not include
      airfare)
      • Deadline to apply is November 31, 2007 - $325 non-refundable
      deposit required
      • Accommodations will be provided at Finca Magdalena, a local coffee
      cooperative
      • Meals will include a mixture of traditional cuisine and farm foods
      • Academic credits are often available to undergraduate and graduate
      students
      • The course is taught in English and simultaneously translated into
      Spanish via FM-headsets
      • Tuition helping sponsor regional scholarships
      For more information, contact Hannah Roessler:
      hannah@...