Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production

  • Brian Brown
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
      Thanks Marsha,
      Brian

      --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

      > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
      > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
      >
      > ---Marcia Cash
      > Traveler in Thyme
      > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

    • Martin Naylor
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
        I suggest you read Eat to Live Joel Furmann M.D. a U.S. doctor with over 20 years ex 10 years clinical ex Olympic skier for scientific proof and a complete dietary change he claims to have a 90% success rate getting people of diabetic asthma and a host of other medications in 6 weeks, raw fooders have smiler claims
        martin

        http://martin.eblogs.com/
        Permaculture Peoples Party

      • Dee Harris
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
          This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my request in as well?
          Wolf

          Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:

          Thanks Marsha,
          Brian

          --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

          > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
          > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
          >
          > ---Marcia Cash
          > Traveler in Thyme
          > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

          test'; ">

        • Dee Harris
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
            Richard, I back up Liz on this one. Enlarged legs and feet are a sign of edema and can be deadly. Plus you need a good masseuse. It will help bring down the swelling if done right. I know. I've done it before on patients who have had the same problem.
            Wolf

            Liz <liz7@...> wrote:
            Dear Richard
            I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

            Good luck with it.
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
              me too, as ishould be returning tomy little home in the yungas of south
              eastern bolivia, i think i would like my name added to the lists.
              gracias!!!

              inquisivi

              >From: Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...>
              >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production
              >Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my
              >request in as well?
              > Wolf
              >
              >Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:
              >
              >Thanks Marsha,
              >Brian
              >
              >--- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm
              >in
              > > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
              > >
              > > ---Marcia Cash
              > > Traveler in Thyme
              > > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

              >test'; ">

              Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
              http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
            • ingrid glass
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
                I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
                shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
                contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
                absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
                The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
                and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
                minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
                sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

                Ingrid

                From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@...>
                To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:38:50 -0500

                To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
                about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple
                juice.

                I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a
                google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

                Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

                Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

                I don't know anything about blood clots.

                Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
                www.bettertimesinfo.org