Re:Vanilla Bean production

  • Traveler in Thyme
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
      I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
      Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.

      ---Marcia Cash
      Traveler in Thyme
      http://www.travelerinthyme.com

    • Michael Porter
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
        Eating Prickly Pear Cactus Pads as a part of your diet will stabilize blood sugar, you can look up the reasearch on the net for your self, or look up Dr Michael Friedman. -if you want to know more you can contact me, Michael@...

        Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop@...> wrote: To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple juice.

        I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

        Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

        Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

        I don't know anything about blood clots.

        Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
        www.bettertimesinfo.org

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
          Thanks Marsha,
          Brian

          --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

          > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
          > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
          >
          > ---Marcia Cash
          > Traveler in Thyme
          > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

        • Martin Naylor
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
            I suggest you read Eat to Live Joel Furmann M.D. a U.S. doctor with over 20 years ex 10 years clinical ex Olympic skier for scientific proof and a complete dietary change he claims to have a 90% success rate getting people of diabetic asthma and a host of other medications in 6 weeks, raw fooders have smiler claims
            martin

            http://martin.eblogs.com/
            Permaculture Peoples Party

          • Dee Harris
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
              This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my request in as well?
              Wolf

              Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:

              Thanks Marsha,
              Brian

              --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

              > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
              > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
              >
              > ---Marcia Cash
              > Traveler in Thyme
              > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

              test'; ">

            • Dee Harris
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                Richard, I back up Liz on this one. Enlarged legs and feet are a sign of edema and can be deadly. Plus you need a good masseuse. It will help bring down the swelling if done right. I know. I've done it before on patients who have had the same problem.
                Wolf

                Liz <liz7@...> wrote:
                Dear Richard
                I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

                Good luck with it.
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                  me too, as ishould be returning tomy little home in the yungas of south
                  eastern bolivia, i think i would like my name added to the lists.
                  gracias!!!

                  inquisivi

                  >From: Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...>
                  >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production
                  >Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  >This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my
                  >request in as well?
                  > Wolf
                  >
                  >Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >Thanks Marsha,
                  >Brian
                  >
                  >--- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm
                  >in
                  > > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                  > >
                  > > ---Marcia Cash
                  > > Traveler in Thyme
                  > > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                  >test'; ">

                  Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
                  http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
                • ingrid glass
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
                    I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
                    shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
                    contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
                    absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
                    The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
                    and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
                    minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
                    sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

                    Ingrid

                    I am a 55 year young male located in Texas and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.
                    I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                    Any suggestions ?
                    My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                    Need a natural diuretic, something to help with blood clots
                    and something to help lose weight. I am 6 ft and 273 ( about 15-20
                    pounds is fluid ).

                    Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
                    http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk