Re: [pfaf] Howdy I am new

  • Liz
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
      Dear Richard
      I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

      Good luck with it.
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
        I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
        Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.

        ---Marcia Cash
        Traveler in Thyme
        http://www.travelerinthyme.com

      • Michael Porter
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
          Eating Prickly Pear Cactus Pads as a part of your diet will stabilize blood sugar, you can look up the reasearch on the net for your self, or look up Dr Michael Friedman. -if you want to know more you can contact me, Michael@...

          Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop@...> wrote: To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple juice.

          I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

          Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

          Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

          I don't know anything about blood clots.

          Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
          www.bettertimesinfo.org

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
            Thanks Marsha,
            Brian

            --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

            > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
            > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
            >
            > ---Marcia Cash
            > Traveler in Thyme
            > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

          • Martin Naylor
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
              I suggest you read Eat to Live Joel Furmann M.D. a U.S. doctor with over 20 years ex 10 years clinical ex Olympic skier for scientific proof and a complete dietary change he claims to have a 90% success rate getting people of diabetic asthma and a host of other medications in 6 weeks, raw fooders have smiler claims
              martin

              http://martin.eblogs.com/
              Permaculture Peoples Party

            • Dee Harris
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my request in as well?
                Wolf

                Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:

                Thanks Marsha,
                Brian

                --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

                > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
                > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                >
                > ---Marcia Cash
                > Traveler in Thyme
                > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                test'; ">

              • Dee Harris
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                  Richard, I back up Liz on this one. Enlarged legs and feet are a sign of edema and can be deadly. Plus you need a good masseuse. It will help bring down the swelling if done right. I know. I've done it before on patients who have had the same problem.
                  Wolf

                  Liz <liz7@...> wrote:
                  Dear Richard
                  I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

                  Good luck with it.
                  > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                  > Any suggestions ?

                  Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
                  You will found many things that are helpful.

                  > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                  > Need a natural diuretic,

                  Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
                  a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

                  Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

                  > and something to help lose weight.

                  Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

                  Hope this works for you,

                  Cheers,
                  -Rick

                  test'; ">

                • michael lasky
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                    me too, as ishould be returning tomy little home in the yungas of south
                    eastern bolivia, i think i would like my name added to the lists.
                    gracias!!!

                    inquisivi

                    >From: Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...>
                    >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production
                    >Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
                    >
                    >This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my
                    >request in as well?
                    > Wolf
                    >
                    >Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >Thanks Marsha,
                    >Brian
                    >
                    >--- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm
                    >in
                    > > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                    > >
                    > > ---Marcia Cash
                    > > Traveler in Thyme
                    > > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                    >test'; ">

                    Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
                    http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
                  • ingrid glass
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
                      I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
                      shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
                      contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
                      absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
                      The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
                      and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
                      minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
                      sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

                      Ingrid

                      I am a 55 year young male located in Texas and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.
                      I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                      Any suggestions ?
                      My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                      Need a natural diuretic, something to help with blood clots
                      and something to help lose weight. I am 6 ft and 273 ( about 15-20
                      pounds is fluid ).

                      Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
                      http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk