Re: [pfaf] Howdy I am new

  • Rick van Rein
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
      Richard,

      > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
      > Any suggestions ?

      Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
      You will found many things that are helpful.

      > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
      > Need a natural diuretic,

      Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
      a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

      Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

      > and something to help lose weight.

      Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

      Hope this works for you,

      Cheers,
      -Rick
    • Liz
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
        Dear Richard
        I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

        Good luck with it.
        > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
        > Any suggestions ?

        Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
        You will found many things that are helpful.

        > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
        > Need a natural diuretic,

        Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
        a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

        Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

        > and something to help lose weight.

        Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

        Hope this works for you,

        Cheers,
        -Rick

      • Traveler in Thyme
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
          I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
          Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.

          ---Marcia Cash
          Traveler in Thyme
          http://www.travelerinthyme.com

        • Michael Porter
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
            Eating Prickly Pear Cactus Pads as a part of your diet will stabilize blood sugar, you can look up the reasearch on the net for your self, or look up Dr Michael Friedman. -if you want to know more you can contact me, Michael@...

            Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop@...> wrote: To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple juice.

            I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

            Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

            Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

            I don't know anything about blood clots.

            Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
            www.bettertimesinfo.org

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
              Thanks Marsha,
              Brian

              --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

              > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
              > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
              >
              > ---Marcia Cash
              > Traveler in Thyme
              > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

            • Martin Naylor
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                I suggest you read Eat to Live Joel Furmann M.D. a U.S. doctor with over 20 years ex 10 years clinical ex Olympic skier for scientific proof and a complete dietary change he claims to have a 90% success rate getting people of diabetic asthma and a host of other medications in 6 weeks, raw fooders have smiler claims
                martin

                http://martin.eblogs.com/
                Permaculture Peoples Party

              • Dee Harris
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                  This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my request in as well?
                  Wolf

                  Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:

                  Thanks Marsha,
                  Brian

                  --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

                  > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
                  > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                  >
                  > ---Marcia Cash
                  > Traveler in Thyme
                  > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                  test'; ">

                • Dee Harris
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                    Richard, I back up Liz on this one. Enlarged legs and feet are a sign of edema and can be deadly. Plus you need a good masseuse. It will help bring down the swelling if done right. I know. I've done it before on patients who have had the same problem.
                    Wolf

                    Liz <liz7@...> wrote:
                    Dear Richard
                    I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

                    Good luck with it.
                    > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                    > Any suggestions ?

                    Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
                    You will found many things that are helpful.

                    > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                    > Need a natural diuretic,

                    Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
                    a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

                    Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

                    > and something to help lose weight.

                    Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

                    Hope this works for you,

                    Cheers,
                    -Rick

                    test'; ">

                  • michael lasky
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                      me too, as ishould be returning tomy little home in the yungas of south
                      eastern bolivia, i think i would like my name added to the lists.
                      gracias!!!

                      inquisivi

                      >From: Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...>
                      >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production
                      >Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
                      >
                      >This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my
                      >request in as well?
                      > Wolf
                      >
                      >Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >Thanks Marsha,
                      >Brian
                      >
                      >--- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm
                      >in
                      > > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                      > >
                      > > ---Marcia Cash
                      > > Traveler in Thyme
                      > > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                      >test'; ">

                      Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
                      http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
                    • ingrid glass
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
                        I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
                        shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
                        contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
                        absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
                        The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
                        and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
                        minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
                        sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

                        Ingrid

                        I am a 55 year young male located in Texas and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.
                        I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                        Any suggestions ?
                        My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                        Need a natural diuretic, something to help with blood clots
                        and something to help lose weight. I am 6 ft and 273 ( about 15-20
                        pounds is fluid ).

                        Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
                        http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk