Howdy I am new

  • Richard Lee Holbert
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
      I am a 55 year young male located in Texas and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.
      I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
      Any suggestions ?
      My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
      Need a natural diuretic, something to help with blood clots
      and something to help lose weight. I am 6 ft and 273 ( about 15-20
      pounds is fluid ).

    • Robert Waldrop
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007
        To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple juice.

        I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

        Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

        Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

        I don't know anything about blood clots.

        Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
        www.bettertimesinfo.org

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2007
          Hello,

          I am starting to research techniques for growing Vanilla planifolia,
          and producing seed pods or vanilla beans.

          Does anyone know of good sources of information?

          Thanks Brian
        • Rick van Rein
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
            Richard,

            > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
            > Any suggestions ?

            Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
            You will found many things that are helpful.

            > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
            > Need a natural diuretic,

            Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
            a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

            Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

            > and something to help lose weight.

            Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

            Hope this works for you,

            Cheers,
            -Rick
          • Liz
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
              Dear Richard
              I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

              Good luck with it.
              > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
              > Any suggestions ?

              Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
              You will found many things that are helpful.

              > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
              > Need a natural diuretic,

              Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
              a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

              Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

              > and something to help lose weight.

              Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

              Hope this works for you,

              Cheers,
              -Rick

            • Traveler in Thyme
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
                Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.

                ---Marcia Cash
                Traveler in Thyme
                http://www.travelerinthyme.com

              • Michael Porter

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                    Thanks Marsha,
                    Brian

                    --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

                    > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
                    > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                    >
                    > ---Marcia Cash
                    > Traveler in Thyme
                    > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                  • Martin Naylor
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 3, 2007
                      I suggest you read Eat to Live Joel Furmann M.D. a U.S. doctor with over 20 years ex 10 years clinical ex Olympic skier for scientific proof and a complete dietary change he claims to have a 90% success rate getting people of diabetic asthma and a host of other medications in 6 weeks, raw fooders have smiler claims
                      martin

                      http://martin.eblogs.com/
                      Permaculture Peoples Party

                    • Dee Harris
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                        This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my request in as well?
                        Wolf

                        Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:

                        Thanks Marsha,
                        Brian

                        --- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:

                        > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm in
                        > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                        >
                        > ---Marcia Cash
                        > Traveler in Thyme
                        > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                        test'; ">

                      • Dee Harris
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                          Richard, I back up Liz on this one. Enlarged legs and feet are a sign of edema and can be deadly. Plus you need a good masseuse. It will help bring down the swelling if done right. I know. I've done it before on patients who have had the same problem.
                          Wolf

                          Liz <liz7@...> wrote:
                          Dear Richard
                          I'd recommend seeing a qualified herbalist to get the right combination of herbs for you & the range of ailments. Its ok to self-administer to a certain extent but if the situation is complex & you need different herbs, then a herbalist will know what combines well together. For example tea/coffee may be a good diuretic but the caffeine is not good for blood sugar. It would also be advisable to see a naturopath for diet advice.

                          Good luck with it.
                          > I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                          > Any suggestions ?

                          Have a look at the PFAF site, link "medicinal uses".
                          You will found many things that are helpful.

                          > My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                          > Need a natural diuretic,

                          Well-known ones (and easy to get to) are tea and coffee (a few pots
                          a day) and dandelion (flowers, processed roots, leaves).

                          Another is alcohol, but that's not advisable for other reasons :)

                          > and something to help lose weight.

                          Trivial. Excercise :) best as a fun part of your daily routine.

                          Hope this works for you,

                          Cheers,
                          -Rick

                          test'; ">

                        • michael lasky
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                            me too, as ishould be returning tomy little home in the yungas of south
                            eastern bolivia, i think i would like my name added to the lists.
                            gracias!!!

                            inquisivi

                            >From: Dee Harris <corbywolf13@...>
                            >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re:Vanilla Bean production
                            >Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
                            >
                            >This would be something I would be interested in as well. May I put my
                            >request in as well?
                            > Wolf
                            >
                            >Brian Brown <boomerb7@...> wrote:
                            >
                            >Thanks Marsha,
                            >Brian
                            >
                            >--- Traveler in Thyme <marcia@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > I have sent a copy of your post to an online friend who has vanilla farm
                            >in
                            > > Sri Lanka. You will enjoy his knowledge.
                            > >
                            > > ---Marcia Cash
                            > > Traveler in Thyme
                            > > http://www.travelerinthyme.com

                            >test'; ">

                            Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
                            http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
                          • ingrid glass
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
                              I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
                              shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
                              contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
                              absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
                              The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
                              and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
                              minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
                              sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

                              Ingrid

                              I am a 55 year young male located in Texas and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.
                              I want to try natural than all the other stuff out there.
                              Any suggestions ?
                              My legs are swollen 2 to 2.5 normal size including feet.
                              Need a natural diuretic, something to help with blood clots
                              and something to help lose weight. I am 6 ft and 273 ( about 15-20
                              pounds is fluid ).

                              Get Pimped! FREE emoticon packs from Windows Live -
                              http://www.pimpmylive.co.uk