Re: [pfaf] Re: Wikipedia's list of medicinal herbs

  • Dee Harris
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
      Many of the so-called dangerous herbs are not as dangerous as you may think. It's the way that they are used and the amounts. Of course, a lot of study and practice goes into learning herbalism. I"ve spent years learning what I know about herbs and alot of the so called dangerous herbs I use quite often without any adverse affects. Learning and practice and more learning and practice is what is needed and study. Lots of study. Check everything out before using any herb. It's only common sense.
      Wolf

      Infowolf1@... wrote:

      In a message dated 7/17/2007 5:42:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      martinwnaylor@... writes:

      It is also true that prescription medicine is the biggest killer in America
      2 years ago 700.000 people died from legal drugs [prescription medicine], 60
      % of prescription drugs have the essential ingredient derived from plant
      sources
      A lot of herbs don't have scientific proof because there hasn't been any
      investigations done
      also this is about chemical gangs like Monsanto controlling plans and seeds
      rights
      Martin

      which doesn't make herbs safe. You have to handle some of them carefully,
      but the most dangerous ones don't usually turn up in health food
      stores
      any more anyway.

      i think it is not the prescription meds so much as the mixing of
      them with
      things, that the doctor is not told about, or that the
      pharmacist is not told
      about, and these stupid people think if it is OTC it is
      harmless, and use it
      with prescription meds.

      Or with some herbs.

      Infowolf1

      test'; ">

    • Dee Harris
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
        Try Mrs Grieves Herbal. I don't have the full addy but all you need is the title I just gave. There are so many herbal sites that open up a whole new world on what's out there that is better than the patented medicines that the doctors are handing out like candy.
        Wolf

        Donald Sunday <donsonde20@...> wrote:
        thanks for the information!It's really helpfull.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medicinal_herbs
        A few people with a rather hard science atitude are trying to trash
        the list, claiming its just unscientific fringe material.

        Help could be needed in fleshing out the list finding good references
        for the medicinal uses of the plants. Finding good authoritive
        references could be really helpful.

        test'; ">

      • Dee Harris
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
          May I suggest that they send these guys a copy of Culpepper's Herbal? LOL
          Wolf

          David Foale <anarchybob@...> wrote:
          :D I love that attitude, sure, people have been using them for thousands of
          years are just deluding themselves! I'm starting to think scientists even
          misuse empirical evidence, the basis of their whole belief system...

          David

          --
          Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.

          phone: 0774 3917404
          skype: daresbalat
          msn: bobulatorm@...

          test'; ">

        • Martin Naylor
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
            No 700,000 deaths are from the side effects, most drugs don't cure the alleviate, sure some herbs are dangerous and can kill, i am a qualified herbalist
            we are a carbon based molecular system anything that affects that system is a drug
            Martin

            Plant your plants and
            Let them grow
            i'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
            scorching this earth