South West Permaculture Convergence 29/30 Jun

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2002
      Dear Friends,
      We would like to invite you to the South West
      Permaculture Convergence to be hosted by Plants For A Future
      at Blagdon Cross Plant Research and Demonstration Gardens
      Ashwater, Beaworthy, North Devon (Near Launceston)
      on Sat and Sun 29th/30th June 2002.

      An invitation to space, some great food, lovely people and a variety
      of workshops.

      The convergence will begin on the morning of Saturday the 29th June
      and finish the evening of Sunday 30th June and the build up to the
      event will be taking place from the 20th June with more activities
      planned for the week after.

      There will be space for anyone to hold there own workshops, we
      already haves some in the pipeline:-

      Tours, Plans and Progress. With this huge project ahead of us who
      knows how far on it will be in such early days? Looking at the
      many different aspects of the developing site including existing
      woodland management, new planting, water treatment systems,
      renewable energy supply, treebogs, campsite and restroom facilities.
      Visit the new visitors centre and access the bounty of information.

      Practical Workshops. - With and endless variety of practical work
      to be carried out, choose something you would like to get your teeth
      into.

      'Help us if you can!' - Feeling inspired? Join the PFAF team in
      helping to build support networks.

      'A Taste for Freedom'. - Surrounded by the panoramic view of the
      sky you could enjoy some amazing sunsets or sit and contemplate a
      night sky 'full' of stars (weather permitting!)

      Optional Field Trips. With so much on site we would be surprised
      if there was a need for field trips or that you'd want to leave -
      but just in case!

      As resourceful as ever we are hoping that someone out there is able
      offer to lend some temporary structures for the event i.e.
      Yurts/Geodesic Domes/Marquees or similar and that there may be
      some willing volunteers interested in lending a hand as site crew.
      If you think you can help in any way please do contact us soon.
      This event will run on a Magic Hat donations basis that we hope
      will go a long way to recovering some of our expenses.

      Parking and Transport
      There will be parking spaces on site although we do ask that people
      try to take public transport where possible. That said this could be
      quite a mission - buses are available from Exeter and Plymouth to
      Launceston and Holsworthy. Launceston is 10 miles and Holsworthy
      5 miles from the site. Please ring as early as possible to arrange
      pick up. Bicycles very welcome.
      The site is just off the A388 from Launceston to Holsworthy,
      10 miles north of Launceston and 1 mile south of the village of Clawton.
      Just 800yards south of Clawton is a really sharp bend on a hill.
      On this bend there is a turning sign posted for Ashwater,
      Hallwill Junction, Blagdon Manor Farm, take this turn and we are
      situated about 800 yards along this road on the left hand side
      opposite Blagdon Lodge and a right turn - easy - see you here.

      Accommodation
      Camping is available or there is lovely accommodation available
      locally at reasonable rates. If local accommodation is required
      we suggest you contact us soon in order that we can ensure you
      a place to stay.

      Catering
      We are a Vegan Project and ask all visitors to eat in a vegan
      manner whilst on site (what you do off site is your own business).
      There will be the option of vegan catering on site and self catering.

      Alcohol
      In the interest of conservation we would prefer it if people
      did not bring bottles and cans on site unless they are willing to
      take their empties away afterwards.

      Plants For A Future
      Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon. EX21 5DF.
      0845 458 4719 / 01208 872 963
      webmaster@... www.pfaf.org