Re: [pfaf] Re: Wikipedia's list of medicinal herbs

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
      In a message dated 7/17/2007 7:27:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      icculus2000@... writes:

      Drug companies cannot sell 'drugs' unless they own them. They cannot own
      them unless they are patented. A whole plant, herb, tree, mushroom, etc. in its
      natural form (unadulterated by man) cannot be patented because it is OF THE
      EARTH, not of a company's or individual's creating (see the neem issue). It
      has many components.

      Actually, they can if they discover it and some are trying.

    • Rick van Rein
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
        Hi,

        > This thread opens up a huge topic relating to economic manipulation of medical practices.

        But on THIS list...?!?

        -Rick
      • Martin Naylor
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
          sorry mate
          but i am am stuck with a great person
          and quiting and again

          ProfesorRon Nielson

          The Little GREEN HANDBOOK [pg 40 ]

          The annual global market value of pharmaceutical products derived from the genetics's bank of of the earth's biodiversity has been $75 billion and $150 billion
          the annual global market for herbal medicines is 38 billion dollars of the top 150 top prescription drugs in the U S A IN 1997 WERE FROM BIOLOGICAL SOURCES

          So you are telling me
          that science knows the solution and our lives are nothing but a tool for society
          Your mate
          from the land down under
          Out of site out of mind
          martin

          Plant your plants and
          Let them grow

        • Dee Harris
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
            Many of the so-called dangerous herbs are not as dangerous as you may think. It's the way that they are used and the amounts. Of course, a lot of study and practice goes into learning herbalism. I"ve spent years learning what I know about herbs and alot of the so called dangerous herbs I use quite often without any adverse affects. Learning and practice and more learning and practice is what is needed and study. Lots of study. Check everything out before using any herb. It's only common sense.
            Wolf

            Infowolf1@... wrote:

            In a message dated 7/17/2007 5:42:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            martinwnaylor@... writes:

            It is also true that prescription medicine is the biggest killer in America
            2 years ago 700.000 people died from legal drugs [prescription medicine], 60
            % of prescription drugs have the essential ingredient derived from plant
            sources
            A lot of herbs don't have scientific proof because there hasn't been any
            investigations done
            also this is about chemical gangs like Monsanto controlling plans and seeds
            rights
            Martin

            which doesn't make herbs safe. You have to handle some of them carefully,
            but the most dangerous ones don't usually turn up in health food
            stores
            any more anyway.

            i think it is not the prescription meds so much as the mixing of
            them with
            things, that the doctor is not told about, or that the
            pharmacist is not told
            about, and these stupid people think if it is OTC it is
            harmless, and use it
            with prescription meds.

            Or with some herbs.

            Infowolf1

            test'; ">

          • Dee Harris
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
              Try Mrs Grieves Herbal. I don't have the full addy but all you need is the title I just gave. There are so many herbal sites that open up a whole new world on what's out there that is better than the patented medicines that the doctors are handing out like candy.
              Wolf

              Donald Sunday <donsonde20@...> wrote:
              thanks for the information!It's really helpfull.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medicinal_herbs
              A few people with a rather hard science atitude are trying to trash
              the list, claiming its just unscientific fringe material.

              Help could be needed in fleshing out the list finding good references
              for the medicinal uses of the plants. Finding good authoritive
              references could be really helpful.

              test'; ">

            • Dee Harris
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
                May I suggest that they send these guys a copy of Culpepper's Herbal? LOL
                Wolf

                David Foale <anarchybob@...> wrote:
                :D I love that attitude, sure, people have been using them for thousands of
                years are just deluding themselves! I'm starting to think scientists even
                misuse empirical evidence, the basis of their whole belief system...

                David

                --
                Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.

                phone: 0774 3917404
                skype: daresbalat
                msn: bobulatorm@...

                test'; ">

              • Martin Naylor
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
                  No 700,000 deaths are from the side effects, most drugs don't cure the alleviate, sure some herbs are dangerous and can kill, i am a qualified herbalist
                  we are a carbon based molecular system anything that affects that system is a drug
                  Martin

                  Plant your plants and
                  Let them grow
                  i'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
                  scorching this earth