Re: [pfaf] Wikipedia's list of medicinal herbs

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
      In a message dated 7/16/2007 2:37:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      griselda1@... writes:

      The article I have here has lots more detail if you want it.

      Please post a copy here, and send me a copy
      Infowolf1 AT aol.com

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
        In a message dated 7/17/2007 5:42:20 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        martinwnaylor@... writes:

        It is also true that prescription medicine is the biggest killer in America
        2 years ago 700.000 people died from legal drugs [prescription medicine], 60
        % of prescription drugs have the essential ingredient derived from plant
        sources
        A lot of herbs don't have scientific proof because there hasn't been any
        investigations done
        also this is about chemical gangs like Monsanto controlling plans and seeds
        rights
        Martin

        which doesn't make herbs safe. You have to handle some of them carefully,
        but the most dangerous ones don't usually turn up in health food
        stores
        any more anyway.

        i think it is not the prescription meds so much as the mixing of
        them with
        things, that the doctor is not told about, or that the
        pharmacist is not told
        about, and these stupid people think if it is OTC it is
        harmless, and use it
        with prescription meds.

        Or with some herbs.

        Infowolf1

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 17, 2007
          In a message dated 7/17/2007 7:27:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          icculus2000@... writes:

          Drug companies cannot sell 'drugs' unless they own them. They cannot own
          them unless they are patented. A whole plant, herb, tree, mushroom, etc. in its
          natural form (unadulterated by man) cannot be patented because it is OF THE
          EARTH, not of a company's or individual's creating (see the neem issue). It
          has many components.

          Actually, they can if they discover it and some are trying.

        • Rick van Rein
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
            Hi,

            > This thread opens up a huge topic relating to economic manipulation of medical practices.

            But on THIS list...?!?

            -Rick
          • Martin Naylor
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
              sorry mate
              but i am am stuck with a great person
              and quiting and again

              ProfesorRon Nielson

              The Little GREEN HANDBOOK [pg 40 ]

              The annual global market value of pharmaceutical products derived from the genetics's bank of of the earth's biodiversity has been $75 billion and $150 billion
              the annual global market for herbal medicines is 38 billion dollars of the top 150 top prescription drugs in the U S A IN 1997 WERE FROM BIOLOGICAL SOURCES

              So you are telling me
              that science knows the solution and our lives are nothing but a tool for society
              Your mate
              from the land down under
              Out of site out of mind
              martin

              Plant your plants and
              Let them grow

            • Dee Harris
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
                Many of the so-called dangerous herbs are not as dangerous as you may think. It's the way that they are used and the amounts. Of course, a lot of study and practice goes into learning herbalism. I"ve spent years learning what I know about herbs and alot of the so called dangerous herbs I use quite often without any adverse affects. Learning and practice and more learning and practice is what is needed and study. Lots of study. Check everything out before using any herb. It's only common sense.
                Wolf

                martinwnaylor@... writes:

[...]

                test'; ">

              • Dee Harris
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
                  Try Mrs Grieves Herbal. I don't have the full addy but all you need is the title I just gave. There are so many herbal sites that open up a whole new world on what's out there that is better than the patented medicines that the doctors are handing out like candy.
                  Wolf

                  Donald Sunday <donsonde20@...> wrote:
                  thanks for the information!It's really helpfull.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medicinal_herbs
                  A few people with a rather hard science atitude are trying to trash
                  the list, claiming its just unscientific fringe material.

                  Help could be needed in fleshing out the list finding good references
                  for the medicinal uses of the plants. Finding good authoritive
                  references could be really helpful.

                  test'; ">

                • Dee Harris
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
                    May I suggest that they send these guys a copy of Culpepper's Herbal? LOL
                    Wolf

                    David Foale <anarchybob@...> wrote:
                    :D I love that attitude, sure, people have been using them for thousands of
                    years are just deluding themselves! I'm starting to think scientists even
                    misuse empirical evidence, the basis of their whole belief system...

                    David

                    --
                    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.

                    phone: 0774 3917404
                    skype: daresbalat
                    msn: bobulatorm@...

                    test'; ">

                  • Martin Naylor
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 19, 2007
                      No 700,000 deaths are from the side effects, most drugs don't cure the alleviate, sure some herbs are dangerous and can kill, i am a qualified herbalist
                      we are a carbon based molecular system anything that affects that system is a drug
                      Martin

                      Plant your plants and
                      Let them grow
                      i'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
                      scorching this earth