Re: [pfaf] Miniature Lemon Plants From l'île-de-la-réunion or Anywhere else?

  • Javier Cosp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
      ¿How small? In Paraguay we have the "ceuti" lemon which has the
      size of a golf ball. I think the name "ceuti" comes from "lemon from
      Ceuta" which is the spaniard colony in Africa.

      The tree is also small and according to the paraguayan tradition,
      it is fragil and "doesnt like to be touched by strangers".

      Javier Cosp

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
        In Norway ( similar climate) dwarf lemon trees are grown in tubs /
        flowerpots , cannot stand the freezing temperature , so is taken inside at
        winter time, gets nice lemons..
        then there is the Poncirus trifoliata the hardy / bitter lemon,
        it can tolerate some frost , but I have no experience with it fruiting or
        edibility..

        Geir Flatabø