Miniature Lemon Plants From l'île-de-la-réunion or Anywhere else?

  • mogiljan2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
      Hi,

      I have seen locally (but sold out) miniature lemon plants that produce
      small lemons, apparently edible. They were brought in from
      l'île-de-la-réunion (probably the Caribbean).

      Has anyone successfully grown these in Canada or similar climates?

      Thx
      George
    • Javier Cosp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
        ¿How small? In Paraguay we have the "ceuti" lemon which has the
        size of a golf ball. I think the name "ceuti" comes from "lemon from
        Ceuta" which is the spaniard colony in Africa.

        The tree is also small and according to the paraguayan tradition,
        it is fragil and "doesnt like to be touched by strangers".

        Javier Cosp

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
          In Norway ( similar climate) dwarf lemon trees are grown in tubs /
          flowerpots , cannot stand the freezing temperature , so is taken inside at
          winter time, gets nice lemons..
          then there is the Poncirus trifoliata the hardy / bitter lemon,
          it can tolerate some frost , but I have no experience with it fruiting or
          edibility..

          Geir Flatabø