Re: [pfaf] gotu kola propagation

  • Diane Lee Long
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 10, 2007
      Cultivation details Prefers a moist to wet soil in sun or partial shade. Plants also grow on walls in the wild and so should tolerate drier conditions. This species is not hardy in the colder areas of the country, it tolerates temperatures down to between -5 and -10°c. It grows and spreads very well outdoors during the summer in most parts of the country and is very easy to increase by division. It can therefore be grown as a summer crop with divisions being taken during the growing season and overwintered in a greenhouse in case the outdoor plants are killed by winter cold.
      Propagation Seed - sow spring in a greenhouse. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots when they are large enough to handle and grow them on in a greenhouse for their first winter. Plant them out in late spring or early summer of the following year, after the last expected frosts. Division is simple at any time in the growing season, though the spring is probably best. We find that it is best to pot up the divisions until they are rooting away well, though in selected mild gardens it should be possible to plant the divisions out directly into their permanent positions.

      Hope this helps.

      Diane

      michael lasky <megamalito@...> wrote:
      plant lovers help!!!

      returning to my home in mountain/jungles of bolivia, and am desparately
      trying to find out how i can propagate gotu kola there. anyone out there
      can help me?

      peaceout,

      maikito lasqui

      Yahshua's Servant,

      Diane

    • michael lasky
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
        mIEKAL

        Thaks so much for the help. All the best.

        peace out,

        Michael Lasky

        Live Hotmail.
      • Gail Lloyd
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 13, 2007
          Michael, we are praying for you today.....Get better.
          jg

          michael lasky <megamalito@...>

        • michael lasky
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 19, 2007
            gail,

            thanks! i'm recoveringcomfy at home, the thesurgery at over 10 hours was
            longerthan exspected. i have 28 staples, a skin graft, and i feel fairly
            normal. my prognosis isnt so rosy, however, i remain in fightingspritis
            and will mis my bike riding and work for the tiem being. must do my
            meditation.

            hanksagain for yr positive thoughts,

            maikito

            >From: Gail Lloyd <gardenchick1949@...>
            >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [pfaf] cancer tx
            >Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:22:07 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Michael, we are praying for you today.....Get better.
            > jg
            >
            >michael lasky <megamalito@...>

            Share your special parenting moments!
          • Infowolf1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 19, 2007
              In a message dated 9/19/2007 7:42:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              megamalito@... writes:

              thanks! i'm recoveringcomfy at home, the thesurgery at over 10 hours was
              longerthan exspected. i have 28 staples, a skin graft, and i feel fairly
              normal. my prognosis isnt so rosy, however,

              there are a lot of herbs that help cancer, if you can get loquat
              fruit eat a kernel two or three times a day to get laetrille,
              be careful, this is amygdalen the cyanide precursor, nature's
              chemotherapy.

              Be careful to check for harmful interactions first with any
              medicine you are now taking for cancer. I understand that
              astragalus can help with chemotherapy side effects if you
              are on that already, or was it ashwaghanda, check the books
              or online first.

              i remain in fightingspritis
              and will mis my bike riding and work for the time being.

              Recent research showed that people who have cancer show
              real low adrenaline. Which brings me to your statement

              must do my
              meditation.

              I don't know what kind of meditation you are doing, but most
              of them fall in the category of encouraging alpha waves
              and relaxation not adrenaline. Some visualization of white blood
              cells (I guess with fangs?) attacking and eating cancer cells
              was used to strengthen a cancer meditator's system with some
              benefit, I read this years ago.

              Other meditations that try to engage deities or spirits or are
              part of some energy transferring system with its roots in an
              initiation like reiki risk attracting entities that would ride the
              current or come separately and in either case feed, making
              things worse. There is stuff out there that doesn't like us and
              can make nice for a while.

              I would suggest perhaps experimenting with little mirrors
              surrounding and containing and turning the cancer cells
              back on themselves, mentally wrap them in real reflective foil
              reflective side inwards?

              Ask Jesus to bless the effort He is very powerful. There are
              some saints who are apparently not all that dead, a St. John
              Maximovitch whose incorrupt remains are in San Francisco
              has a great reputation for healing. The oil from lamps burned
              in his honor is sought by many, but it is currently given only
              to the Orthodox by the bishop's orders, but if you download an
              icon of him and print it and burn a votive candle with a little
              olive oil poured in the hollow around the wick after it has
              burned a little, and ask for his help, the resulting oil wax, not
              as fluid as oil and not as solid as wax, is smearable and you
              can put this on yourself. Use a plain white unscented candle.

              It can't hurt.

              Mary Christine