Re: [pfaf] gotu kola propagation

  • Diane Lee Long
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 10, 2007
      Cultivation details Prefers a moist to wet soil in sun or partial shade. Plants also grow on walls in the wild and so should tolerate drier conditions. This species is not hardy in the colder areas of the country, it tolerates temperatures down to between -5 and -10°c. It grows and spreads very well outdoors during the summer in most parts of the country and is very easy to increase by division. It can therefore be grown as a summer crop with divisions being taken during the growing season and overwintered in a greenhouse in case the outdoor plants are killed by winter cold.
      Propagation Seed - sow spring in a greenhouse. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots when they are large enough to handle and grow them on in a greenhouse for their first winter. Plant them out in late spring or early summer of the following year, after the last expected frosts. Division is simple at any time in the growing season, though the spring is probably best. We find that it is best to pot up the divisions until they are rooting away well, though in selected mild gardens it should be possible to plant the divisions out directly into their permanent positions.

      Hope this helps.

      Diane

      michael lasky <megamalito@...> wrote:
      plant lovers help!!!

      returning to my home in mountain/jungles of bolivia, and am desparately
      trying to find out how i can propagate gotu kola there. anyone out there
      can help me?

      peaceout,

      maikito lasqui

      Yahshua's Servant,

      Diane

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
        I second that.. Horizon is a great source: I've ordered internationally from them on several different occasions.

        Peace

        steve

      • michael lasky
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
          mIEKAL

          Thaks so much for the help. All the best.

          peace out,

          Michael Lasky

          Live Hotmail.
        • Gail Lloyd
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 13, 2007
            Michael, we are praying for you today.....Get better.
            jg

            michael lasky <megamalito@...>

          • michael lasky
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 19, 2007
              gail,

              thanks! i'm recoveringcomfy at home, the thesurgery at over 10 hours was
              longerthan exspected. i have 28 staples, a skin graft, and i feel fairly
              normal. my prognosis isnt so rosy, however, i remain in fightingspritis
              and will mis my bike riding and work for the tiem being. must do my
              meditation.

              hanksagain for yr positive thoughts,

              maikito

              >From: Gail Lloyd <gardenchick1949@...>
              >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [pfaf] cancer tx
              >Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:22:07 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >Michael, we are praying for you today.....Get better.
              > jg
              >
              >michael lasky <megamalito@...>

              Share your special parenting moments!
            • Infowolf1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 19, 2007
                In a message dated 9/19/2007 7:42:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                megamalito@... writes:

                thanks! i'm recoveringcomfy at home, the thesurgery at over 10 hours was
                longerthan exspected. i have 28 staples, a skin graft, and i feel fairly
                normal. my prognosis isnt so rosy, however,

                there are a lot of herbs that help cancer, if you can get loquat
                fruit eat a kernel two or three times a day to get laetrille,
                be careful, this is amygdalen the cyanide precursor, nature's
                chemotherapy.

                Be careful to check for harmful interactions first with any
                medicine you are now taking for cancer. I understand that
                astragalus can help with chemotherapy side effects if you
                are on that already, or was it ashwaghanda, check the books
                or online first.

                i remain in fightingspritis
                and will mis my bike riding and work for the time being.

                Recent research showed that people who have cancer show
                real low adrenaline. Which brings me to your statement

                must do my
                meditation.

                I don't know what kind of meditation you are doing, but most
                of them fall in the category of encouraging alpha waves
                and relaxation not adrenaline. Some visualization of white blood
                cells (I guess with fangs?) attacking and eating cancer cells
                was used to strengthen a cancer meditator's system with some
                benefit, I read this years ago.

                Other meditations that try to engage deities or spirits or are
                part of some energy transferring system with its roots in an
                initiation like reiki risk attracting entities that would ride the
                current or come separately and in either case feed, making
                things worse. There is stuff out there that doesn't like us and
                can make nice for a while.

                I would suggest perhaps experimenting with little mirrors
                surrounding and containing and turning the cancer cells
                back on themselves, mentally wrap them in real reflective foil
                reflective side inwards?

                Ask Jesus to bless the effort He is very powerful. There are
                some saints who are apparently not all that dead, a St. John
                Maximovitch whose incorrupt remains are in San Francisco
                has a great reputation for healing. The oil from lamps burned
                in his honor is sought by many, but it is currently given only
                to the Orthodox by the bishop's orders, but if you download an
                icon of him and print it and burn a votive candle with a little
                olive oil poured in the hollow around the wick after it has
                burned a little, and ask for his help, the resulting oil wax, not
                as fluid as oil and not as solid as wax, is smearable and you
                can put this on yourself. Use a plain white unscented candle.

                It can't hurt.

                Mary Christine