Permaculture courses in Los Angeles

  • Elizabeth Marley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      Can anyone recommend Permaculture courses in Los Angeles, CA?

      I would like to become better versed in permaculture for urban
      environments this summer.

      Thanks,
      Elizabeth
    • Traveler in Thyme
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
        You could join the GardeningOrganically group at Yahoo, we have several
        permaculture experts on the list, and everyone is most helpful and generous
        with their knowledge.

        ---Marcia Cash
        Traveler in Thyme
        http://www.travelerinthyme.com

      • icculus2000@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
          Hi Elizabeth,

          I can't tell you about anything in LA, but Starhawk teaches PC in San Fancisco, I think.. You can find her on the web.. she's the author of "The Spiral Dance" and "Earth Path."

          There are also many decent information sources online which deal with urban food production.. I'm off to work at the moment, but I will look some up and send them to you.

          All the best,

          Steve.

          "The 'free market' idea is the result of a lazy (when not villainous) wish to found the human economy on natural law. The trouble with this is that humans are not of nature in the same way that foxes and rabbits are. Humans live artificially, by artifice and by art, by human making, and economics will finally have to be answerable to this. Unbridled economic forces damage both nature and human culture.

          ~ Wendell Berry, 1985, Kentucky, USA
          from the essay, Six Agricultural Fallacies