Re: [pfaf] the whole earth catalogue?

  • bslark@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      Hi all

      For all you need to knnow about scythes go here:
      _http://www.thescytheshop.co.uk/index.html_ (http://www.thescytheshop.co.uk/index.html)

      My group just starting to work with scythe here in Wales, we spent some
      happy hours clearing footpaths through our coppice woodland using some restored
      english style scythes. We were taught by our resident woodsman who showed us
      how to fit the scythe to our body and how to create a rythmical and
      consistent swing, we also learnt about sharpening and peaning.We will probably start
      teaching this at at one of our courses, if anyone is interested please let me
      know.

      visit my group at:
      _http://www.coppicewoodcollege.co.uk/index.html_
      (http://www.coppicewoodcollege.co.uk/index.html)