Re: [pfaf] Crambe cordifolia

  • Rick van Rein
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 1:54 AM
      Hi,

      Hold on:

      > This seakale -

      Seakale = Crambe maritima

      It looks like, but is not the same as, Crambe cordifolia.

      -Rick
    • Griselda
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25 2:22 AM
        My experience ­ from childhood, when it was ok to pluck this lovely food
        from the wild - is that you pick the shoots very young while they are tender
        and anyway, as they were wild plants you wouldn¹t be blanching them. The
        leaves rapidly become very thick and tough - rather than bitter, but the
        shoots are like purple sprouting broccoli. I have not grown it in my garden
        though.

        Griselda