Asimia triloba , Diospyros virginiana

    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2007
      From Clive Sims in GB I`ve got some plants of Asimia triloba and Diospyros
      virginiana.
      They are to be planted in a semi cultivated environment .
      Does anyone hav any experience in growing them regarding:

      Sun / shadow,
      Soil preferences ( deep, shallow, acid, limey, dry,) ??
      herbivore taking the leaves, twigs, bark ??

      anything else ??

      Geir Flatabø

      by the fjords of Norway

    • Pat Meadows
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2007
        On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:10:35 +0200, you wrote:

        >>From Clive Sims in GB I`ve got some plants of Asimia triloba and Diospyros
        >virginiana.
        >They are to be planted in a semi cultivated environment .
        >Does anyone hav any experience in growing them regarding:
        >
        >Sun / shadow,
        >Soil preferences ( deep, shallow, acid, limey, dry,) ??
        >herbivore taking the leaves, twigs, bark ??
        >
        >anything else ??
        >
        >Geir Flatabø

        It's Asimina triloba. (Note spelling: Sorry, I'm not being picky: but you
        can't look it up unless you spell it right).

        Asimina triloba is called PawPaw in the USA (and Canada) and here is a very
        authoritative and informative website about it:

        http://www.pawpaw.kysu.edu/

        Diospyros virginiana is American persimmon, and here's a page about it:

        http://www.treetrail.net/diospyros.html

        Pat
        -- northern Pennsylvania
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2007