Re: Goji berry plants?

  • icculus2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hi Claire,

      I live in Bermuda, and germinated my Gojis in late winter on a floating screen (indoors). When they were nearly an inch and getting some green I put them in individual flats and set them outdoors. Most have done just fine, and are attaining six inches with a healthy upright aspect and uniform mid green. Granted, Bermuda winters are not the most challenging environment you could introduce your plants to, but I wanted to add a P.S. to your note on setting them out after germination.. they didn't seem to mind wind and quite heavy rain.

      Happy growing (your sugar-preserved berries should sprout seed unless they used heat to reduce the sugar to crystalline form).

      Peace,

      Steve.

      "Every thought I have imprisoned in expression I must free by my deeds."
      ~ Kahlil Gibran

    • wildwillowkins
      Message 2 of 10 , May 4, 2007
        Hey Steve,

        Thanks for your comments:-)

        I'm wondering what parts of China the bushes grow in, because of the
        wide variation in climatic conditions.

        Sounds like they will tolerate temperate conditions rather than just
        tropical.

        I shall get on to the cranberries and blueberry seeds the moment my
        propagator has an inch of space free!

        All the best,

        Claire