Re: blue, yellow flowers. half shadow.

  • stephen barstow
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
      I finally got round to trying one of my Dahlia tubers – from the cultivar
      “Bishop of Llandaff”! This was 1 hour ago and I’m still alive.

      The taste was not unpleasant – a bit bland, but completely free of any hint
      of bitterness. Not as strong a taste as cooked Jerusalem Artichokes. If I
      ever had access to a lot of tubers I wouldn’t hesitate trying them again. I
      never peel potatoes or Jerusalem Artichokes. However, Dahlia skins are
      rather coarse and would probably require peeling.

      Stephen, Malvik, Norway

      --------

      Posted by: "Geir Flatabø" HYPERLINK
      "mailto:geirf@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20blue%2C%20yellow%20flowers%2E%20h
      alf%20shadow%2E"geirf@... HYPERLINK
      "http://profiles.yahoo.com/geirflatab"geirflatab

      Tue Mar 6, 2007 10:31 am (PST)

      Yes of course,
      although noone says they taste good,
      and noone gives any written dishes...

      By the way I`m sure I`ve promised to send you some seeds etc..
      I don`t find the mails,
      do you remember
      your wishes , and my promises ??

      Crataegus pinnatifida.-..
      +
      Geir

      2007/3/6, Stephe <HYPERLINK
      "mailto:stephenb%40broadpark.no"stephenb@broadpark.-no>:

      > Hi Geir: I've tried unsuccessfully to get hold of the wild species Dahlia
      > with the thought of trying them. However, I did grow a cultivar "Bishop of
      > Llandaff" as the next best thing last summer and I have a few tubers in
      > storage. Should I try them???
      > Stephen
      > Malvik, Norway

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.