Asparagus stipularis (horridus)

  • gsterculius
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2007
      I see from the pfaf database that Asparagus stipularis (which I knew as
      A. horridus) only has a 1 for edibility. I would give it a five for the
      thin young spears. I was also lucky enough to find some on a farm I was
      working on growing on a crumbling cliff that was about to fall. The
      tubers were lovely eaten fresh, like a juicy raw Jerusalem artichoke
      with aparagus flavour.

      I can't get back to Spain for a while but would love to grow that plant
      from seed on my windowsill. Are there any seed collectors in Andalucia
      I might be able to get some from?

      George