Re: ISOJewelweed seeds please

  • tjlwork2004
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
      Thanks everyone for the info, very helpful!!!!--- In
      pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Culbertson" <danculb@...> wrote:

      > > Trying to find something native to grow, cultivate, harvest and >
      Dan

    • stephen barstow
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 9, 2007
        I�ve eaten Impatiens glandulifera seeds a few times � a pleasant nutty
        taste. I think I read about this in Cornucopia II and that the seed is even
        harvested and used as a source of an edible oil. But, collecting the seed is
        a bit of a challenge��.

        Stephen

        Malvik, Norway

      • Diana Shipton
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 9, 2007
          > That means you have eaten them ?
          Just like they are ??
          or any receipts ?

          Geir Flatab€ ¦ø

          2007/4/8, Diana Shipton <dianas42@sbcglobal. net>:

          > > The link states that the seeds tastes like "butternut" - (Juglans
          > cinerea
          > ?). Anyone knows if this is a recognized edible seed,
          >

          > ********** I always thought they tasted like walnuts myself.
          > Diana

          ********** Yes, I just cup my hand around the seedpod, catch the seeds and pop them in my mouth. I have never used them in a recipe.
          Diana

          Diana's in Hubbard, Ohio
          http://www.Dianascraft-antiqueshop.4t.com

        • tjlwork2004
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 11, 2007
            Yes that is a good question. What need be done to the seeds to make
            them safely/tastily edible?--- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Diana Shipton