Re: [pfaf] Re: ISOJewelweed seeds please

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 8 3:03 PM
      That means you have eaten them ?
      Just like they are ??
      or any receipts ?

      Geir Flatabø

      2007/4/8, Diana Shipton <dianas42@...>:

      > > The link states that the seeds tastes like "butternut" - (Juglans
      > cinerea
      > ?). Anyone knows if this is a recognized edible seed,
      >

      > ********** I always thought they tasted like walnuts myself.
      > Diana
      >

      > Diana's in Hubbard, Ohio
      > http://www.Dianascraft-antiqueshop.4t.com

    • tjlwork2004
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 8 7:40 PM
        Thanks everyone for the info, very helpful!!!!--- In
        pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Culbertson" <danculb@...> wrote:

        > > Trying to find something native to grow, cultivate, harvest and >
        Dan

      • stephen barstow
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 9 1:40 AM
          I�ve eaten Impatiens glandulifera seeds a few times � a pleasant nutty
          taste. I think I read about this in Cornucopia II and that the seed is even
          harvested and used as a source of an edible oil. But, collecting the seed is
          a bit of a challenge��.

          Stephen

          Malvik, Norway

        • Diana Shipton
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 9 10:28 AM

            ********** Yes, I just cup my hand around the seedpod, catch the seeds and pop them in my mouth. I have never used them in a recipe.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 11 8:17 AM
              Yes that is a good question. What need be done to the seeds to make
              them safely/tastily edible?--- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Diana Shipton