Re: HI i need some info

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      Dear Stephen,
      > I am interested in finding a genus and species of a plant the Tibetans
      > refer to as Arura,or the Arura plum.ANy info on this would be very
      > appreciated!

      I had a search through our database and could not find any mention
      of the plant, this might be because we concentrate on plants
      which grow in this country.

      I also search quite a few other databases and could not find a mention.

      I've passed you message onto the pfaf electronic mailing list
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf
      someone there might know something.

      Rich
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Snail: 1 Lerryn View, Lerryn, Lostwithiel Cornwall, PL22 0QJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
        Hi,

        I overheard a conversation on a train the other day. I think the
        person speaking was a botonist, and she also does training courses in
        using herbs. Anyway, she was talking about some kind of world-wide
        effort to create an advisory service for people looking for crops to
        grow in their habitat (after the person she was speaking to got off
        the train, I was going to ask her for more info, but she got off at
        the next stop!). It sounded like a new initiative, possibly by some
        amalgamation of botonist groups?

        Is PFAF aware of such a thing?

        Cheers,
        Rob