Wher can I buy yacon plants in the UK?

  • Hilary Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 11:10 AM
      I used to grow yacon on my allotment, which I gave up a few years ago.
      I'm now turning more of the back garden over to food production and
      would like to grow yacon again, but cannot find a source of the tubers
      for growing. Anyone any ideas? Thanks, Hilary
    • Michael Porter
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 12:17 AM
        I would contact Baa, --at Daves Garden She had some growing in the UK a year or two ago, --MichaelP

        Hilary Robinson <hilrobinson@...> wrote: I used to grow yacon on my allotment, which I gave up a few years ago.
        I'm now turning more of the back garden over to food production and
        would like to grow yacon again, but cannot find a source of the tubers
        for growing. Anyone any ideas? Thanks, Hilary

      • Pat Meadows
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3 5:32 AM
          On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:10:58 -0000, you wrote:

          >I used to grow yacon on my allotment, which I gave up a few years ago.
          >I'm now turning more of the back garden over to food production and
          >would like to grow yacon again, but cannot find a source of the tubers
          >for growing. Anyone any ideas? Thanks, Hilary

          I don't know, but you can buy oca at the Real Seed Catalogue, if you're
          interested in oca. It's another Incan crop.

          http://www.realseeds.co.uk/unusualtubers.html

          Pat

          --
          In Pennsylvania's Northern Tier, northeastern USA.
          'Be the change that you want to see in the world.'