books

  • martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2007
      Books and more books
      Hi all,

      I haven't been keeping up with the list over the last 6 months or so
      (too
      busy), so forgive me if this is old news to you all. Lots of good
      reading in
      here:

      http://chla.library.cornell.edu/c/chla/index.html

      Cheers,
      Robert

      The Core Historical Literature of Agriculture (CHLA) is a core
      electronic
      collection of agricultural texts published between the early
      nineteenth
      century and the middle to late twentieth century. Full-text
      materials
      cover
      agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, animal science,
      crops
      and
      their protection, food science,forestry, human nutrition, rural
      sociology,
      and soil science. Scholars have selected the titles in this
      collection
      for
      their historical importance. Their evaluations and 4,500 core titles
      are
      detailed in the seven volume series The Literature of the
      Agricultural
      Sciences, Wallace C. Olsen, series editor.

      Current online holdings: Pages: 850,264 Books: 1,849 (1,910
      Volumes)
      Journals: 6 (288 Volumes)

      For a related collection of core texts in the disciplines of home
      economics,
      see Home Economics Archive: Research, Tradition and History (HEARTH)
      at
      http://hearth.library.cornell.edu/