Re: [pfaf] Re: How to make tuber extracts, and recipes in general? Re: Marshmallow

  • ingrid glass
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2007
      Hi Gail, thanks! It's a good start....I really should have said a vegan,
      all-plant recipe. I wonder whether the original marshmallow sweets were made
      without egg whites? I've always assumed they were, using the mallow root
      only to 'gel' the sweets, but maybe I'm wrong. I have googled 'original
      marshmallow sweets' or 'traditional marshmallow sweets' etc but not found
      anything plant-only; it is a while since I last did this tho' so maybe it's
      time to re-google. Thanks again! Ingrid

      From: Gail Lloyd <gardenchick1949@...>
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re: How to make tuber extracts, and recipes in general?
      Re: Marshmallow
      Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:15:52 -0700 (PDT)

      I found the following recipe for Marshmallow Treats on
      http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/m010702.htm (google search:
      marshmallow root recipe) Stevia is also a natural sweetener, but you'd have
      to experiment to change the recipe.
      Marshmallows Treats
      Make your children a natural treat without all the chemicals, coloring and
      preservatives which make our children hyperactive.
      2 egg whites
      1 tsp vanilla
      � cup raw cane sugar
      1 tbsp powdered Marshmallow (root)
      Whip egg whites until almost stiff. Add vanilla and whip until stiff. Then
      whip in the sugar, 1 tsp at the time. Finally, add Marshmallow and whip
      again. Place by teaspoonfull on cookie sheet. Bake in 325 oven for 1 hour.

      Gail

      jimmimoosh <ingrid_glass@...> wrote: Hi,

      I've been searching for a recipe for 'original' marshmallow sweets for
      years, using marshmallow root & some form of natural sweetening etc.
      Any ideas/recipes?

      Ingrid

      Solve the Conspiracy and win fantastic prizes.
      http://www.theconspiracygame.co.uk/