Amory Lovins

  • Traveler in Thyme
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2007
      Please, Google "Amory Lovins" and also read the article about him in Discover Magazine (last year somethyme) , you will love what you learn.

      Amory Lovins for President! Of course, he's too smart to run.......

      Seriously, I want the guy's house! Picture tropical fruits dripping from trees around a jungle pool in the middle of snowy Rocky Mountain peaks, soaking up solar power and putting out heat for all the geeks working in the think tank. Home office to die for? And the house fits visually into the scenery without looking like a wrecked spaceship. He's got this banana tree that tries to take over the world (LOL) In Colorado, in the winter! All this on what he calls "out of date technology from 1985, we could do it much better if we started out today." Also he sez if the Gov gave grants to solar cell factories instead of oil refineries, we'd all be living off sunshine by now. Instead, we are strip farming the heartland for GMO corn and going to war for someone else's oil. Meanwhile, he's living and working up there, all cozy and bright, putting out more energy than he uses, and eating fresh bananas off the tree.

      If ever someone built smart for his environment, it's Amory Lovins. And he's cute, too.

      ---Marcia Cash
      Traveler in Thyme
      http://www.travelerinthyme.com

      "To start thinking in new ways, first stop thinking in the old ways." --- Amory Lovins