How to know what you can eat?

  • Rick van Rein
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 3:29 AM
      Hello,

      I'm deeply impressed by the amount of information no edible plants in
      permaculture databases.

      How is this information found? Is it old knowledge retained with care,
      or is there a form of analyses used, or is there a way to figure it out
      when you come accross a plant?

      I don't suppose everything that is known on sites like pfaf.org could
      have been by volunteers tasting -- although that could explain why so
      few people have heard about permaculture ;-)

      I'm mainly interested in learning how I can verify edibility without books
      or databases to guide me, and if possible to add to the knowledge in
      permaculture databases.

      Thanks,

      Rick van Rein
      Enschede, the Netherlands