Re: [pfaf] Re: Chaya

  • Michael Porter
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
      The cuttings are from Chaya, --[Cnidoscolus Chayamansa] -- the non stinging type, edible raw or cooked, -- I like to trade, -- Michael

      jumpingjay_jehosofat <joshuapeacock@...> wrote: --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "michael Porter" <michaels4gardens@...>
      wrote:

      > Does anyone want cuttings ??, michael Porter

      Hi Michael,

      What are the cuttings of???

      Perhaps we can do a swap?

      Josh

    • Gail
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
        For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
        Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
        burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
        once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
        with no stinging hairs.
        Gail
      • Marshall and Endemann
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
          Thanks Gail,
          Depending on how Dan's plants fare that could be useful.
          Chris

          On Feb 3, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Gail wrote:

          > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
          > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
          > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
          > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
          > with no stinging hairs.
          > Gail

        • Elise Lutrick
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
            Hi, Gail,

            I would love to have some chaya cuttings if you have some extra.

            Thanks,

            Elise

            On Sun, Feb 3, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Gail <gail49@...> wrote:

            > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
            > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
            > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
            > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
            > with no stinging hairs.
            > Gail

          • STEVE BANYAI
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
              I HAVE CHAYA IN PORT MANSFIELD, 400 MILES SOUTH OF
              HOUSTON, TX. STEVE BANYAI

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            • roaryfranklin
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 12, 2008
                Hi there,

                I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you mail cuttings to
                Denver?

                Thanks!

                Rory

                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Gail <gail49@...> wrote:

                > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
                > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
                > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
                > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
                > with no stinging hairs.
                > Gail

              • lantana camara
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
                  Hey Rory,
                  Im Titik from Jakarta, Indonesia. I have a big tree of chaya..but, ur place is so far away. Denver...

                  Good luck for looking for that plant
                  regard,
                  Titik

                  roaryfranklin <roaryfranklin@...> wrote: Hi there,

                  I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you mail cuttings to
                  Denver?

                  Thanks!

                  Rory

                  --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Gail <gail49@...> wrote:

                  > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
                  > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
                  > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
                  > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
                  > with no stinging hairs.
                  > Gail

                • rory franklin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
                    I don't think you can get much farther from Denver
                    than Indonesia! Thank you for the reply, though. I
                    appreciate it.

                    Best wishes,

                    Rory

                    --- lantana camara <lantana_camaral@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hey Rory,
                    > Im Titik from Jakarta, Indonesia. I have a big tree
                    > of chaya..but, ur place is so far away. Denver...
                    >
                    > Good luck for looking for that plant
                    > regard,
                    > Titik
                    >
                    > roaryfranklin <roaryfranklin@...> wrote:
                    > Hi there,
                    >
                    > I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you
                    > mail cuttings to
                    > Denver?
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > Rory
                    >
                    > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Gail <gail49@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a
                    > few here in Houston,
                    > > Texas, and they have made it through the winter
                    > (thus far) with only
                    > > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings
                    > later this spring,
                    > > once the plants start really growing actively
                    > again. Mine is the type
                    > > with no stinging hairs.
                    > > Gail

                    > removed]

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  • Gail
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 16, 2008
                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "roaryfranklin" <roaryfranklin@...> wrote:

                      > Hi there,
                      >
                      > I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you mail cuttings to
                      > Denver?
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Rory
                      I don't see why not, the plant roots very easily. Please email me off
                      group in about a month, as the plants should be taking off well by then.
                      Gail