Re: [pfaf] Re: big question here

  • Dee Harris
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 8, 2007
      I'll check it out. As I said before they would have to take my animals long with me. After all they are my family.
      Once again, Thanks, Steve.
      Wolf

      icculus2000@... wrote:
      Hi Dee,

      Have you looked at the WWOOF (Willing Workers On Organic Farms) Databases? They had some dream spots when I looked last year, and some are pretty flexible.
      There appears to be a WWOOF hub in most countries now, so you may find something worth "WWOOFing" for.

      Peace,

      Steve.

      "Every thought I have imprisoned in expression I must free by my deeds."
      ~ Kahlil Gibran

      test'; ">

    • stephen barstow
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
        I finally got round to trying one of my Dahlia tubers – from the cultivar
        “Bishop of Llandaff”! This was 1 hour ago and I’m still alive.

        The taste was not unpleasant – a bit bland, but completely free of any hint
        of bitterness. Not as strong a taste as cooked Jerusalem Artichokes. If I
        ever had access to a lot of tubers I wouldn’t hesitate trying them again. I
        never peel potatoes or Jerusalem Artichokes. However, Dahlia skins are
        rather coarse and would probably require peeling.

        Stephen, Malvik, Norway

        --------

        Posted by: "Geir Flatabø" HYPERLINK
        "mailto:geirf@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20blue%2C%20yellow%20flowers%2E%20h
        alf%20shadow%2E"geirf@... HYPERLINK
        "http://profiles.yahoo.com/geirflatab"geirflatab

        Tue Mar 6, 2007 10:31 am (PST)

        Yes of course,
        although noone says they taste good,
        and noone gives any written dishes...

        By the way I`m sure I`ve promised to send you some seeds etc..
        I don`t find the mails,
        do you remember
        your wishes , and my promises ??

        Crataegus pinnatifida.-..
        +
        Geir

        2007/3/6, Stephe <HYPERLINK
        "mailto:stephenb%40broadpark.no"stephenb@broadpark.-no>:

        > Hi Geir: I've tried unsuccessfully to get hold of the wild species Dahlia
        > with the thought of trying them. However, I did grow a cultivar "Bishop of
        > Llandaff" as the next best thing last summer and I have a few tubers in
        > storage. Should I try them???
        > Stephen
        > Malvik, Norway

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.