Re: big question here

  • Martin Naylor
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 7, 2007
      Try wwoof, www.wwoof.org/home. and travell the planet
      Martin

      “There ain't no time to wonder why
      Whoopee! We're all gonna die.”
      ('Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die' Rag, Country Joe and The Fish, 1967)

      I have yet to meet a single person from our culture, no matter what his or her educational background, IQ, and specific training, who had powerful transpersonal experiences and continues to subscribe to the materialistic monism of Western science.
      - Albert Einstein

      http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/interference/a-to-z-guide-to-political.html political interference in science

    • Dee Harris
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 8, 2007
        I'll check it out. As I said before they would have to take my animals long with me. After all they are my family.
        Once again, Thanks, Steve.
        Wolf

        icculus2000@... wrote:
        Hi Dee,

        Have you looked at the WWOOF (Willing Workers On Organic Farms) Databases? They had some dream spots when I looked last year, and some are pretty flexible.
        There appears to be a WWOOF hub in most countries now, so you may find something worth "WWOOFing" for.

        Peace,

        Steve.

        "Every thought I have imprisoned in expression I must free by my deeds."
        ~ Kahlil Gibran

        test'; ">

      • stephen barstow
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
          I finally got round to trying one of my Dahlia tubers – from the cultivar
          “Bishop of Llandaff”! This was 1 hour ago and I’m still alive.

          The taste was not unpleasant – a bit bland, but completely free of any hint
          of bitterness. Not as strong a taste as cooked Jerusalem Artichokes. If I
          ever had access to a lot of tubers I wouldn’t hesitate trying them again. I
          never peel potatoes or Jerusalem Artichokes. However, Dahlia skins are
          rather coarse and would probably require peeling.

          Stephen, Malvik, Norway

          --------

          Posted by: "Geir Flatabø" HYPERLINK
          "mailto:geirf@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20blue%2C%20yellow%20flowers%2E%20h
          alf%20shadow%2E"geirf@... HYPERLINK
          "http://profiles.yahoo.com/geirflatab"geirflatab

          Tue Mar 6, 2007 10:31 am (PST)

          Yes of course,
          although noone says they taste good,
          and noone gives any written dishes...

          By the way I`m sure I`ve promised to send you some seeds etc..
          I don`t find the mails,
          do you remember
          your wishes , and my promises ??

          Crataegus pinnatifida.-..
          +
          Geir

          2007/3/6, Stephe <HYPERLINK
          "mailto:stephenb%40broadpark.no"stephenb@broadpark.-no>:

          > Hi Geir: I've tried unsuccessfully to get hold of the wild species Dahlia
          > with the thought of trying them. However, I did grow a cultivar "Bishop of
          > Llandaff" as the next best thing last summer and I have a few tubers in
          > storage. Should I try them???
          > Stephen
          > Malvik, Norway

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.