Chaya

  • michael Porter
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6, 2007
      Does anyone want cuttings ??, michael Porter
    • jumpingjay_jehosofat
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "michael Porter" <michaels4gardens@...>
        wrote:

        > Does anyone want cuttings ??, michael Porter

        Hi Michael,

        What are the cuttings of???

        Perhaps we can do a swap?

        Josh
      • Michael Porter
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
          The cuttings are from Chaya, --[Cnidoscolus Chayamansa] -- the non stinging type, edible raw or cooked, -- I like to trade, -- Michael

          jumpingjay_jehosofat <joshuapeacock@...> wrote: --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "michael Porter" <michaels4gardens@...>
          wrote:

          > Does anyone want cuttings ??, michael Porter

          Hi Michael,

          What are the cuttings of???

          Perhaps we can do a swap?

          Josh

        • Gail
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
            For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
            Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
            burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
            once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
            with no stinging hairs.
            Gail
          • Marshall and Endemann
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
              Thanks Gail,
              Depending on how Dan's plants fare that could be useful.
              Chris

              On Feb 3, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Gail wrote:

              > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
              > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
              > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
              > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
              > with no stinging hairs.
              > Gail

            • Elise Lutrick
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                Hi, Gail,

                I would love to have some chaya cuttings if you have some extra.

                Thanks,

                Elise

                On Sun, Feb 3, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Gail <gail49@...> wrote:

                > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
                > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
                > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
                > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
                > with no stinging hairs.
                > Gail

              • STEVE BANYAI
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                  I HAVE CHAYA IN PORT MANSFIELD, 400 MILES SOUTH OF
                  HOUSTON, TX. STEVE BANYAI

                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                • roaryfranklin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 12, 2008
                    Hi there,

                    I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you mail cuttings to
                    Denver?

                    Thanks!

                    Rory

                    --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Gail <gail49@...> wrote:

                    > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
                    > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
                    > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
                    > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
                    > with no stinging hairs.
                    > Gail

                  • lantana camara
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
                      Hey Rory,
                      Im Titik from Jakarta, Indonesia. I have a big tree of chaya..but, ur place is so far away. Denver...

                      Good luck for looking for that plant
                      regard,
                      Titik

                      roaryfranklin <roaryfranklin@...> wrote: Hi there,

                      I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you mail cuttings to
                      Denver?

                      Thanks!

                      Rory

                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Gail <gail49@...> wrote:

                      > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a few here in Houston,
                      > Texas, and they have made it through the winter (thus far) with only
                      > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings later this spring,
                      > once the plants start really growing actively again. Mine is the type
                      > with no stinging hairs.
                      > Gail

                    • rory franklin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 14, 2008
                        I don't think you can get much farther from Denver
                        than Indonesia! Thank you for the reply, though. I
                        appreciate it.

                        Best wishes,

                        Rory

                        --- lantana camara <lantana_camaral@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hey Rory,
                        > Im Titik from Jakarta, Indonesia. I have a big tree
                        > of chaya..but, ur place is so far away. Denver...
                        >
                        > Good luck for looking for that plant
                        > regard,
                        > Titik
                        >
                        > roaryfranklin <roaryfranklin@...> wrote:
                        > Hi there,
                        >
                        > I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you
                        > mail cuttings to
                        > Denver?
                        >
                        > Thanks!
                        >
                        > Rory
                        >
                        > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Gail <gail49@...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > For those of you wanting chaya, I have quite a
                        > few here in Houston,
                        > > Texas, and they have made it through the winter
                        > (thus far) with only
                        > > burned leaves. I'll be happy to send out cuttings
                        > later this spring,
                        > > once the plants start really growing actively
                        > again. Mine is the type
                        > > with no stinging hairs.
                        > > Gail

                        > removed]

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and
                      • Gail
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 16, 2008
                          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "roaryfranklin" <roaryfranklin@...> wrote:

                          > Hi there,
                          >
                          > I've been looking everywhere for chaya. Can you mail cuttings to
                          > Denver?
                          >
                          > Thanks!
                          >
                          > Rory
                          I don't see why not, the plant roots very easily. Please email me off
                          group in about a month, as the plants should be taking off well by then.
                          Gail