Re:Question (Whole Grains)

  • icculus2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2007
      Hi Peg

      I'm Steve in Bermuda.

      Geir has steered you onto the right path here... Sprouted grains are the way to go, health-wise. the sprouting process (soak your grains in non-chlorinated fresh water for about a day) converts previously unavailable starches into digestible form and allows you to eat less and gain more nutrition from your food.

      There are many foods to be made from sprouted grains - just about anything you can make from non-sprouted grains, really.

      I will recommend a book here (this is a non-profit plug for an author I know personally);

      "Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition and Craft of Live-Culture Foods"
      by Sandor Ellix Katz

      In addition to listing some good resources (some of which I have ordered from myself), Sandy's book also provides you with a window into the world of fermentation in general. It is essential reading for anyone looking to get into the "slow-food" movement.

      I wish you all the best in your search.. it's a tasty path to explore.

      Peace,

      Steve.

      "Every thought I have imprisoned in expression I must free by my deeds."
      ~ Kahlil Gibran

    • Dee Harris

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2007
          Hi Dee,