phytoremediation

  • Corner Plot Vegetables
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 3:26 AM
      Hello, I'm looking for some ideas please!
      I have just taken on a 0.8acre field for growing veges to supplement our
      organic veg box scheme. I have discovered that the zinc and cadmium levels
      are too high and wondering what's best to do?
      zinc=340mg/kg acceptable level = 150mg/kg
      cadmium=3mg/kg acceptable level = 2mg/kg

      I have read that these two heavy metals can be "collected" by growing
      thlaspi caerulescens and harvesting then destroying the vegetation. Does
      anyone know anything about this pennycress or indeed had a go at this?

      I look forward to some help.

      Cesca Beamish.
      Corner Plot Vegetables,
      The Boatyard,