Re: Accidental Poisoning from wrong herbs

  • Micki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
      ### There are no simple tests. Please be careful with using plants that you haven't identified or are not familiar with. Frank ###
      ________________________

      Thanks for bringing this up Frank. I personally have poisoned myself twice by being rash and thinking I knew what I was ingesting. Be extremely careful folks, even with a expert it's hard to be sure sometimes. If I cannot properly identify something for sure I skip it. The strongest herbal tinctures can be prepared from wild herbs, but you have to know what you are doing. Blessings always.

      Micki

    • bob knab
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2007
        datura - blooms at night sometimes called - moon flowers -
        it has the properties of a hallucinate it can make you
        very high also very sick and kill you its of the weed type
        the traditional dosage is 8 of the seeds from the developed
        seed pod it is my understanding that this dosage will
        produce a delirium for about three days - mebob

        On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 13:31 -0600, Traveler in Thyme wrote:
        > Uh....how do you think our ancestors learned which plants were
        > poisonous? They watched who died, that's how. Deadly nightshade is a
        > tomato, and hemlock looks just like parsley with purple spots.
        >
        > We have had abundant crops of datura these last few years, the kind
        > with the big white blossoms that smell so sweet in the moonlight. Don
        > Juan's favourite. One evening I watched this funny looking bug doing a
        > boogie dance in the white powder that coated the inside of the jimson
        > weed flower, he looked like he was having a real good thyme! The deer
        > will eat them, occasionally, I wonder what kinda trip they go on that
        > night? In the morning, when the blossoms start to fade, the scent
        > turns quite nasty, a sickly sweet whiff of death, just like the
        > promise of the high you get when smoking it, which I have never been
        > foolish enough to try.
        >
        > I am a peppermint junkie, myself, live and breathe on the stuff or
        > else die of snot. 'snot no fun without your meds, man!
        >
        > I am excited about Stella joining in.
        >
        > ---Marcia Cash
        > Traveler in Thyme
        > http://www.travelerinthyme.com