my very mystic lemon plant

  • Lena Israelsson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
      Is it possible to insert photos on this mailing list. I have tried but it
      doesn´t work.
      The last time I tried the photos was only 34 Kb.
      lena
    • Pat Meadows
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
        On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:51:42 +0100, you wrote:

        >Is it possible to insert photos on this mailing list. I have tried but it
        >doesn´t work.
        >The last time I tried the photos was only 34 Kb.

        The listowner has likely set the default to be 'Do not accept attachments'.
        This is a very wise choice for a mailing list as it prevents the spreading
        of viruses.

        With Yahoogroups lists, you can upload photos to a special section for
        photos. The one for this list is here:

        Just follow the directions you find there. Start with 'Create Album' -
        over on the right hand side of the page.

        After you do this, if you tell us that the photo is there, then anyone on
        this list can go look at the photo. This is a *much* better way to do it.

        Pat
        Blog (mainly gardening and cooking related):
        http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
      • Lena Israelsson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
          Thanks Pat, you solved my problem. I have now upload the photos in an album
          called "lena", http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf/photos There you will
          find two photos of the lemon scented plants that I hope to find the name of.
          I´m afraid you cant scent it - the thick leaves have an extremely strong
          scent of lemon.
          lena

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
            On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:00:35 +0100, you wrote:

            >Thanks Pat, you solved my problem. I have now upload the photos in an album
            >called "lena", http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf/photos There you will
            >find two photos of the lemon scented plants that I hope to find the name of.
            >I´m afraid you cant scent it - the thick leaves have an extremely strong
            >scent of lemon.

            You're welcome! I looked at the photos: I *think* this plant is lemon
            verbena (Lippia citriodora). Lemon verbena has a really strong scent of
            lemon.

            I can't a good picture of lemon verbena - this is the best one I can come
            up with.

            http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Lipp_cit.html

            I can't be positive; I think that's what it is though.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
              I´m afraid not, you see the leaves are very thick, filled with water, almost
              succulent. I also have Lippia citriodora, but it hasn´t so strong scent.
              lena

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
                On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:47:46 +0100, you wrote:

                >I´m afraid not, you see the leaves are very thick, filled with water, almost
                >succulent. I also have Lippia citriodora, but it hasn´t so strong scent.

                Oh. Interesting. :)

                Then I've no idea what it is.