Re: [pfaf] Earth writings book launch, walthamstow 13/1/07

  • Jacqui Knight
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      Would love to be there, but it's a bit too far to travel.

      Jacqui, writing from romantic Russell, beautiful Bay of Islands, amazing
      New Zealand... where the sunlight is dancing on the sparkling blue
      waters, brilliant red pohutukawa trees dipping their branches in the
      water, trying to be outdone by crimson and magenta bougainvillea and the
      mauve-blue jacaranda trees... and then the bikini-clad figures in the
      waves dot the water with colour... a red catamaran leaving the bay as I
      write.

      Wish I could be with you for the launch, but don't want to leave here too.

      --

      Russell, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
      www.bitbybit.co.nz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi
        Do you know the name of this lovely plant?? It has an strong scent of lemon.
        I grow it in a pot outside in summer , inside on the windowsill during
        winter. The leaves are thick, a bit succulent. It?s very easily grown and it
        gets rooted in a few days. I?m sure the plant must have been used in perfume
        industry because of the extremely high content of lemon scent. Hope you can
        help me.
        best regards
        lena israelsson

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2007
          Dear lena,

          It is not Lippia spp./ Aloysia spp., as this plant has a square
          stem and goes woody. Yours looks like that of the lamiaceae family,
          but can't confirm without details of the flowers. I'm guessing that
          it is Satureja montana citriodora just by it's morphology and growth
          habit but having never grown this variety it will remain a guess!
          Let me know when you find out it's name, Such a lovely looking
          plant.

          regards,
          warron LLLL

          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Lena Israelsson" <lena.israelsson@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
            Or could it be some Plectranthus with lemon scent ??
            At least those are succulent,
            and roots easy...

            Geir Flatabø