Earth writings book launch, walthamstow 13/1/07

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      Spiralseed and OrganicLea cordially invite you to the launch of
      'EARTH WRITINGS' by Graham Burnett,

      Saturday 13th January 2007
      4pm onwards
      AT
      The Hornbeam Centre
      458 Hoe Street
      Walthamstow
      London E17

      (near the Bakers Arms - 5 minutes walk from Walthamstow Central BR)

      This event will be preceded at 2pm by a talk 'Introduction to
      Permaculture' by Mark Warner of 'Naturewise'

      All welcome! Please feel free to pass this message onto anybody who
      might be interested.

      www.spiralseed.co.uk/earthwritings

      --
      Graham Burnett

      Integrated Design for Local Environmental Resources

      www.spiralseed.co.uk
    • Jacqui Knight
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        Would love to be there, but it's a bit too far to travel.

        Jacqui, writing from romantic Russell, beautiful Bay of Islands, amazing
        New Zealand... where the sunlight is dancing on the sparkling blue
        waters, brilliant red pohutukawa trees dipping their branches in the
        water, trying to be outdone by crimson and magenta bougainvillea and the
        mauve-blue jacaranda trees... and then the bikini-clad figures in the
        waves dot the water with colour... a red catamaran leaving the bay as I
        write.

        Wish I could be with you for the launch, but don't want to leave here too.

        --

        Russell, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
        www.bitbybit.co.nz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
          Hi
          Do you know the name of this lovely plant?? It has an strong scent of lemon.
          I grow it in a pot outside in summer , inside on the windowsill during
          winter. The leaves are thick, a bit succulent. It?s very easily grown and it
          gets rooted in a few days. I?m sure the plant must have been used in perfume
          industry because of the extremely high content of lemon scent. Hope you can
          help me.
          best regards
          lena israelsson

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 27, 2007
            Dear lena,

            It is not Lippia spp./ Aloysia spp., as this plant has a square
            stem and goes woody. Yours looks like that of the lamiaceae family,
            but can't confirm without details of the flowers. I'm guessing that
            it is Satureja montana citriodora just by it's morphology and growth
            habit but having never grown this variety it will remain a guess!
            Let me know when you find out it's name, Such a lovely looking
            plant.

            regards,
            warron LLLL

            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Lena Israelsson" <lena.israelsson@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
              Or could it be some Plectranthus with lemon scent ??
              At least those are succulent,
              and roots easy...

              Geir Flatabø