Plum Yew species

  • tiberiudoman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
      I live in Pacific Northwest (Seattle) and I am trying to plant a hedge
      with Plum Yew. I found a cultivar (Cephalotaxus
      Harringtonia 'Fastigiata') that seems perfect for my location.
      Unfortunately, I could only find it at one nursery (Forest Farm) and
      all their plants are clone of one plant so they will have the same sex.

      I was wondering if there is any place where I can buy seeds of this
      species - I can wait a couple of years for them to grow and meanwhile
      keep the existing hedge. Alternately, use a different species in the
      same family. Anybody has any experience with this?

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2006
        On 11/9/06, tiberiudoman <tdoman@...> wrote:
        > I live in Pacific Northwest (Seattle) and I am trying to plant a hedge
        > with Plum Yew. I found a cultivar (Cephalotaxus
        > Harringtonia 'Fastigiata') that seems perfect for my location.
        > Unfortunately, I could only find it at one nursery (Forest Farm) and
        > all their plants are clone of one plant so they will have the same sex.
        > Thanks,

        Cephalotaxus Harringtonia 'Fastigiata' is like you state a cultivar,
        , then it is in fact a clone, so if you want the "Fastigiata" there
        is nothing to choose in between..