Re: [pfaf] Bone tumour in dog

  • susan turner
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
      Speaking of dogs, one of my sweet older dogs has developed incontinence at night. He always climbs on the bed but then there is a wet spot under him in the morning. He is being checked for infection, but I wonder if anyone has any natural remedies they have heard of? Thank YOu, SUsan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hi Susan,

        It may be that your dog has a urinary tract infection (in cats, this can be a random, unattributed occurrence, or it can be due to improper diet, gallstones, a catfight, etc). I assume you will find out if this is the case when your report comes back, but it may take the form of peeing in random places.

        In our experience, giving an animal plenty of water has helped with this condition, although this may not sound good to you right now, given your dog's favourite sleeping spot.
        In addition, cranberries help humans with urinary tract health problems, but I don't know about dogs - ask your vet.

        Stress might be another cause - the vet gave us chill pills for our cat but we didn't use them, love worked better.

        Hope it works out,

        Peace

        Steve.

        "For about thirty years I wandered,
        Searching for the real Tao everywhere.
        How many times did I see the trees
        Grow new branches and watch the old leaves fall.
        But at this moment, seeing the peach blossoms,
        Suddenly there are no more doubts."

        - Huang Shan-ku (1045 – 1105)

      • susan turner