thujone

  • Traveler in Thyme
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2006
      My understanding is the reason that Artemesia, specifically the liqueur Absinthe, are frowned upon by the authorities is because the active ingredient, thujone, is highly psychedelic, so you don't just get drunk, you get weird. Those Impressionists artists painted in little dots because their vision was "pixelated". I have the same syndrome, the world looks like a pointillist painting to me, especially when I'm tired. Of course, I'd never drink absinthe, because it tastes TERRIBLE, but back in the 70's I lived near a big field that came up mushrooms every time it rained..............we picked them by the paper bag full (LOL).

      My son found a t-shirt for me at the mall that said "Where are the Flashbacks? You promised me Flashbacks!"

      ---Marcia Cash
      Traveler in Thyme
      http://www.travelerinthyme.com