Re: [pfaf] Re: change of e-mail...VIRUS ALERT

  • Griselda
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
      Re: [pfaf] Re: change of e-mail...VIRUS ALERT I think the idea of stripping out all attachments is the only way...people can leave links or other guidance for references they want to make. These viruses and spams are totally overwhelming sometimes, pharmacies, investment recommendations, all this rubbish. It’s so time-consuming and fiendishly clever...as someone says, they can just appropriate your email address and use it as the apparent sender so it can lead to  you being blacklisted.  Anything we can do to reduce the risk is fine by me.  Thanks so much for all the postings, btw. A great community. Griselda

      Hi Rich

      I guess that my post is now being moderated (as a moderator on several groups myself I see that this is a necessary precaution) but I'm not sure that the fault lies with us... I don't know how... but I've not received any viruses from anything other than pfaf and haven't (appeared) to send any viruses onto any of the other yahoo groups or any other people on my mailing list.

      It's very odd indeed.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 2006
        Geir Flatabø wrote:

        > Well I guess it is not odd at all,
        > as some viruses, just pick up your address and uses it,

        This is what I think is the case. Indeed I have to moderate my own posts
        as my email address has been used by spammers.

        As of now attachments are being removed. If people want to upload a
        picture or file they can use the files or photos section of the yahoo
        group and post a message about it.

        Rich

        --
        Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants