new member

  • veronica giselle lescano
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2006
      Hello,
      my name is Veronica and I have just became a member of this list,
       I have been trying to find information about a plant, which scientific name is lagenaria vulgaris, this is famous in South america because it is used in the process to obtain yerba mate ( a well known drink ), do you konw something about this plant or have any idea where can I get information????
      thanks a lot
      kind regards
      Veronica

      Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
      está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
      Probalo ya!
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2006
        Lagenaria vulgaris is synonymous for L. siceraria, bottle gourd, Calebash gourd.  easily grown if enough space and planty rich soil.
        -  I guess you will find more than you can read about it in a google search..
        used for lots of different bottles, cups, and other kitchen utensils, as well as edibility, although no great taste when fruits are young.

        Geir Flatabø

        On 8/6/06, veronica giselle lescano <vg_lescano@...> wrote:
        Hello,
        my name is Veronica and I have just became a member of this list,
         I have been trying to find information about a plant, which scientific name is lagenaria vulgaris, this is famous in South america because it is used in the process to obtain yerba mate ( a well known drink ), do you konw something about this plant or have any idea where can I get information????
        thanks a lot
        kind regards
        Veronica

        Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
        está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
        Probalo ya!

      • birdwize
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2009
          Hello all,
          I am a newmember from Boston MA USA. Is this list for the UK? I may stay to learn from you anyway if so? Your weather is much like ours is now, humid and rainy, isn't it?
          I just built a hole/s for waterfall adn pond and am investigating use of plants surrounding the pond for now and later will look into plants for the pond itself. It's a bout a 12 squarish pond three feet deepest, and the waterfall is abaotu three feet high thus far but we have not bought the pump, liner etc etc etc yet. Any hints of lists that may help, please advise. G Cher who lives with 11 parrots and a Tibetan Terrier (not real terriers just a misnomer). G