Re: [pfaf] datura

  • von-fi@elonmerkki.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2006
      Hey bob, where you're gonna go with that plant in your hand?

      Daturas are EXTREMELY poisonous. Maybe datura has most of use as a
      repellent in garden, protecting surrounding plants from insects?

      I once smoked it's seeds to be able to have a lecture even though I had
      terrible fevery cough. Strangely it helped for an hour or hour and a half,
      since I could speak without coughing at all. However, that didn't heal the
      cough as it came back as soon as the cooling effect vanished. I was also
      unkowingly smoking the leaves mixed with juniper branches and a few other
      herbs while visiting famous healer and herbal experimenter Vigala Sass at
      Estonian Saarenmaa, but he's dead now. The effect was then somehow
      aphrodisiac and I had visual disorders for several days, which were more of
      blurry confusion than clear vision. I wouldn't surely have inhaled that
      incence if I'd asked beforehand what it consisted of.

      Scandinavian folk medicine found it useful in treating epileptic disorders.
      During the medication bandages dipped in cold vinegar were tied on the head
      of the patient, who were living in fresh air. If the blood was "raising up
      to one's head" it was necessary to apply venesection. The plant disuse can
      stop the circulation of blood or heart so PLEASE DON'T FOOL AROUND with it.
      However, ancient greeks used to brew wine mainly with datura, but that's
      also a time of rising axial age civilizations with industrial mass
      production of iron tools for destruction of the environment and leaving
      behind the tribal spiritual practices replaced with an individual spiritual
      journey with no relation to the natural environment and it's cycles thus
      useful for the domination of the people pushed away from the context of life
      into tidal wave of modern urbanization. Therefore to me the datura
      consumption seems to have not proven much of use in resisting the ongoing
      anthropocentric destruction or setting up healthy forest gardens as there
      are many other ways of reconnecting to the web of life on Earth. However
      there's a space for every plant...

      There's good info about datura in Plants for a future database.

      For interest, check also:
      http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/kings/datura.html

      take care,
      ossi

      On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 08:49:04PM -0000, bob knab wrote:
      > hi - bob here in tenessee
      >
      > i have some large what i come
      > to find out are Dature plants
      > growing arround with large
      > white and some plants have
      > purple flowers on them so i joined
      > this list to find how the plants could
      > be useful my friend tried smoking
      > the leaves but got a bad headace
      > i was told thay were poisonous-
      > thanks - mebob

    • Griselda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2006
        Re: [pfaf] new on list These plants are extremely poisonous in all parts...leaves, flowers, fruits, bark and roots. When sold in the UK they have warning labels.
        Griselda

        hi - bob here in tenessee

        i have some large what i come
        to find out are Dature plants
        growing arround with large
        white and some plants have
        purple flowers on them so i joined
        this list to find how the plants could
        be useful my friend tried smoking
        the leaves but got a bad headace
        i was told thay were poisonous-
        thanks - mebob

      • bob knab
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
          i am thinking of sending one to Washington to spice things up i am now told that it is good for headaches i think they are going to have a big one when the antiwar thing gets cranked up - mebob
          Hey bob, where you're gonna go with that plant in your hand?

          Daturas are EXTREMELY poisonous. Maybe datura has most of use as a
          repellent in garden, protecting surrounding plants from insects?

          I once smoked it's seeds to be able to have a lecture even though I had
          terrible fevery cough. Strangely it helped for an hour or hour and a half,
          since I could speak without coughing at all. However, that didn't heal the
          cough as it came back as soon as the cooling effect vanished. I was also
          unkowingly smoking the leaves mixed with juniper branches and a few other
          herbs while visiting famous healer and herbal experimenter Vigala Sass at
          Estonian Saarenmaa, but he's dead now. The effect was then somehow
          aphrodisiac and I had visual disorders for several days, which were more of
          blurry confusion than clear vision. I wouldn't surely have inhaled that
          incence if I'd asked beforehand what it consisted of.

          Scandinavian folk medicine found it useful in treating epileptic disorders.
          During the medication bandages dipped in cold vinegar were tied on the head
          of the patient, who were living in fresh air. If the blood was "raising up
          to one's head" it was necessary to apply venesection. The plant disuse can
          stop the circulation of blood or heart so PLEASE DON'T FOOL AROUND with it.
          However, ancient greeks used to brew wine mainly with datura, but that's
          also a time of rising axial age civilizations with industrial mass
          production of iron tools for destruction of the environment and leaving
          behind the tribal spiritual practices replaced with an individual spiritual
          journey with no relation to the natural environment and it's cycles thus
          useful for the domination of the people pushed away from the context of life
          into tidal wave of modern urbanization. Therefore to me the datura
          consumption seems to have not proven much of use in resisting the ongoing
          anthropocentric destruction or setting up healthy forest gardens as there
          are many other ways of reconnecting to the web of life on Earth. However
          there's a space for every plant...

          There's good info about datura in Plants for a future database.

          For interest, check also:
          http://www.henriett esherbal. com/eclectic/ kings/datura. html

          take care,
          ossi

          On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 08:49:04PM -0000, bob knab wrote:
          > hi - bob here in tenessee
          >
          > i have some large what i come
          > to find out are Dature plants
          > growing arround with large