The Field Experience - Plants For A Future Aug 26

  • Rich Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2006
      The Field Experience - Plants For A Future Aug 26

      Your opportunity to see how volunteers are restoring the 28 acre site.
      Listen to the many birds and music. Taste some of the unusual edible
      plants we grow. Smell the pine trees, Explore the gardens and learn
      about our solutions for a healthier world.

      On Saturday August 26th The Field, the roots of Plants For A Future, is
      open to visitors. The 28 acre site, in the past neglected due to ill
      health, is being restored by volunteers. It is a unique place with many
      edible, medicinal and other useful plants, a young woodland and thriving
      wildlife. Besides exploring the gardens on your own, we offer the
      following program:
      11:00 Guided tour: an introduction to The Field and Plants For A Future.
      12:15 Perennial Salad Workshop: taste the many edible leafs and flowers
      we grow and compose your own salad. We finish be eating the salads
      whilst one of the volunteers will be playing and singing the 'Winter
      salad garden' song.
      14:00 Guided tour for the people not being able to come to the first one.
      15:00 Plants & health, walk & talk: a herbal first aid kit, let food be
      your medicine & medicine be your food. Super foods. Plants for a
      healthier world.
      15:00 Native woodland stroll.
      20:00 Music evening. Bring your instrument!

      We don't grow enough food to feed everybody, so if you want more than
      salads and herb brew, bring your own. We would appreciate it if you
      respect our vegan diet whilst on The Field. Camping is possible after
      advanced notice only, so give us a ring (01208 872963) or send an email
      to webmaster@.... People staying over night can help on Sunday by
      joining the work party and get some hands on experience!

      Admission is free and donations are welcome.

      Books, database copies and plants for sale.
      Work parties and music evenings

      To lead up to the open day a number of work-parties have been organised.
      These are on

      * Sunday 23rd July
      * Sunday 30th July
      * Sunday 6th August
      * Sunday 13th August
      * Sunday 19th August
      * Sunday 27th August

      Each starts at 2pm and is followed by a Music Evening at 8pm (no music
      on 19th august).

      All are welcome to attend the work-parties, for detail phone Phil on
      01208 873623.

      The Field
      Penpol, Lostwithiel
      Cornwall PL22 0NG
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2006
        This sounds WONDERFUL !
        I wish I were close enough to enjoy it too.
        I want to give tours of my gardens someday, but for now I'm still working on them.
        What are the practicalities of hosting such an event ?
        How to do handle the parking, keep the grounds clean, deal with any injuries/insurance issues ... ?
        As I said - someday - if I can work out all of these issues.
        Have a great day all !
        Diana