Google top rank

  • Rich Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2006
      I just did a google search for a few terms, turns our we are number 1
      for 'Ground cover plants' and no 6 for 'plants'.

      Cool Eh!

      Rich

      Curiously the biggest referrer (i.e. number of time a link to pfaf from
      a the page is clicked) is wikipedia (no surprise) but the plant in
      question is Noble rhubarb or Sikkim Rhubarb - Rheum nobile. The next big
      referers were wikipedia pages for Aloe_vera, Olives and Dandelion.

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2006
        Well done Rich! Nich to hear about the Google results. I also noted that your Google page rank is very good, the same for example as the Forestry Commission.
        I don't usually take the time to send messages of praise, but all the immense work you guys put in really deserves much more recognition. I think your site is by far the most informative and comprehensive in its field of any website on the Internet and deserves to be number one in Google many times more!
        Hopefully many more people will start to wake up to the possibilities of alternative food plants before long.

        Green leaves and best wishes,

        Anna FraserAnna Fraser
        Webmother of www.the-tree.org.uk
        (a non-profit website)