Perennial leeks, garlic

  • papaloquelites
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2006
      Hi, everyone,

      Sorry to be away for months, but with irrigating, weeding, planting
      and harvesting....

      Continuing my exploration of perennials, I have obtained starts from
      other seed savers of Babbington Leek and Portuguese Garlic (or is
      that leek?).

      Anybody know either of them, or their latin names? Or how to grow
      and harvest them?

      The Babbington came as tiny bulbils in the spring, which I planted
      and are now looking like tiny leeks.

      The Portuguese Garlic came as larger pale little corns, like pearl
      onions. Is it related or a synonym for Perlzwiebel?

      Looking forward to your replies.

      Adam.